• CNHC Chair on why it’s never been a better time to be a complementary health practitioner.
In a guest blog for camexpo CNHC Chair, Michael Watson sets out his views on why it’s never been a better time to be a complementary health practitioner.
Here’s a summary:
- Complementary healthcare has a key role to play in supporting the wellbeing agenda
Now, more than ever before, there is a focus on wellbeing. We are all living longer and for many this means managing, rather than curing, a range of long term conditions. The big question is how do we support people to manage their wellbeing over the long term? This is where complementary healthcare comes into its own.
- Complementary healthcare provides greater patient choice
We know that complementary healthcare is popular with the public. However, much of this is provided in private practice. I want to see it become far more widely available in mainstream health and care services. Complementary healthcare has great potential for improving patient choice and supporting the health service with providing ‘patient-centred’ care.
- You can demonstrate you meet UK wide standards
Historically a lack of clarity on standards and regulation has been cited as a reason to not use complementary healthcare in mainstream services. To counter this CNHC was set up in 2008 with government backing to show that in fact there are standards and that practitioners can meet them. The fact that the CNHC register is voluntary shows that the practitioners who sign up are going out of their way to demonstrate they meet UK standards by holding the CNHC quality mark.
- CNHC registration – a growing currency in uncertain times
Over 5,600 practitioners have registered with us so far and numbers are rising. This says to me that complementary health practitioners want to be part of a profession that stands up for itself and is ready to be counted – ready to play its part.
You can read the full blog at: http://www.camexpo.co.uk/never-better-time-complementary-health-practitioner/
• PSB elections – Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Shiatsu
The election process for the CNHC Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Shiatsu Profession Specific Boards (PSBs) will begin on Friday 28 October 2016. Any registrant from these disciplines is able to stand for election for the relevant PSB, including those who are currently members of the PSB.
An email requesting the election statements of those who wish to stand will be sent out on Friday 28 October 2016. The election will begin on Tuesday 22 November 2016 and will close on Friday 2 December 2016.
- In order to stand for election practitioners must be registered for the relevant discipline no later than midnight on Thursday 27 October 2016.
- In order to vote, practitioners must be registered for the relevant discipline no later than midnight on Monday 21 November 2016.
You can see full details of these PSB elections here: PSB election timetable
Find us on Facebook CNHC Facebook page
Follow CNHC on Twitter @CNHC_UK / https://twitter.com/CNHC_UK
For further information about ‘Professional Advantages of CNHC Registration’
go to www.cnhc.org.uk and click the link under ‘Current Registrants’
For details of how to register or renew call 020 3668 0406