CNHC participates in roundtable meeting with NICE Deputy Chief Executive
On 26 January CNHC participated in a roundtable meeting with NICE Deputy Chief Executive, Professor Gillian Leng. The meeting was hosted by the Research Council for Complementary Medicine (RCCM) for RCCM members.
Areas such as patient and public involvement, conflict of interest issues and how NICE could improve its processes were covered. RCCM members also requested greater clarity on what evidence NICE requires for guideline development.
CNHC and others present agreed to explore ways of improving patient reported outcome measures which could potentially be considered as evidence by NICE in future. This was a very productive and respectful meeting which was held in a spirit of mutual learning and recognition. A further meeting is being planned for later in 2017.
• PSB elections timetable
The election process for the Alexander Technique teaching, Bowen Therapy and Yoga Therapy Profession Specific Boards (PSBs) will begin in April 2017. Any registrant from Alexander Technique teaching, Bowen Therapy or Yoga Therapy is able to stand for election for the relevant PSB.
• Friday 7 April 2017: an email will be sent to the CNHC registered practitioners of each discipline setting out the full details and inviting them to stand for election.
• Friday 28 April 2017: the deadline for receipt of election statements will be 5pm.
• Tuesday 2 May 2017: election statements will be made available to the CNHC registered practitioners of each discipline in the 'CNHC Resources' section of MyCNHC. All relevant registrants will be invited to vote electronically via SurveyMonkey.
• Friday 12 May 2017: closing date for voting will be midnight on this date.
• Monday 15 May 2017: successful candidates will be notified and results will be published.
Deadlines: In order to stand for election practitioners must be registered for the relevant discipline no later than midnight on Thursday 6 April 2017. In order to vote, practitioners must be registered for the relevant discipline no later than midnight on Monday 1 May 2017.
You can see full details of these PSB elections here: PSB Elections April - May 2017
• CAMSTRAND Conference 6 – 7 June 2017 – call for abstracts
• Registration now open for Healthcare Improvement Scotland’s 5th Annual Research Symposium
The event will consider the development and application of evidence to achieve financially and environmentally sustainable health and care services. Date: Thursday 16 March 2017, 10am to 4pm Location: Edinburgh EH12 5BH. For further details and registration visit: http://www.healthcareimprovementscotland.org/news_and_events/events/5th_annual_research_symposium.aspx
Find us on Facebook CNHC Facebook page
Follow CNHC on Twitter @CNHC_UK / https://twitter.com/CNHC_UK
For further information about ‘Professional Advantages of CNHC Registration’
go to www.cnhc.org.uk and click the link under ‘Current Registrants’
For details of how to register or renew call 020 3668 0406